Centre for Research and Technology Developments, Sinhgad Institute Solapur is established for developing outstanding research talents capable of understanding and exploring the development of innovative technologies for rural development. Scientists, Engineers from research areas, students and partner organizations work together to find answers to society’s most challenging problems.
This centre mainly focus on thrusts areas such as Energy, Environment, health Science and material science. The CRTD has been heavily involved in renewable energies, specifically focusing on solar energy, biomass energy and generation of bio-fuel, hypersonic wind funnels and solar thermal power station.
From many years Solapur district is facing problem of drought. To resolve this problem centre has doing research on “Physics of cloud dynamics” in collaboration with IITM, Pune sanctioned by DST, Delhi.
The CRTD researchers conducted basic and applied research to understand and develop innovative engineering materials that holds great promise for transforming a nation from its conventional pattern of energy to renewable energy.
“To make the Sinhgad Institutes a World Centre of Excellence in Research and Technology”
“Develop outstanding research talent capable of understanding and exploring the Development and Innovative Technology”.
1. Scientists and Engineers from research areas, students and partner organizations work together to find answers to society’s most challenging questions.
2. Centre for research technology development most research initiatives in energy self sufficient infrastructure focus on a broad range of challenges involving energy production, conversion and efficiency, water resource management; infrastructure development; and the issues associated with a changing.
3. The CRTD researchers conducted basic and applied research to understand and develop innovative Engineering Material that hold great promise for improving daily living conditions around the Campus, ability to combine Sinhgad Institutes strengths in Engineering and Science.
4. The CRTD research policy activity encourages both faculty members and students in General Science and Engineering units to shape their research and collaborate on specific societal challenges such as Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
5. The CRTD has been heavily involved in renewable energies now focusing on solar energy (thermal and photovoltaic) and its integration in the home, batteries for electric vehicles, community kitchen, Biomass Energy conversion, and generation of bio-fuel supersonic and hypersonic wind funnels; The CRTD provides support to national industries, in partnership with other research organizations
Atal Incubation Centre
- Health Science
- Material Science
Planning & Monitoring Committees
|Name of the Committee||Name of Chairman :|
|1||Establishment sophisticated Research Labs.||Prof. R. B. Gharase|
|2||Energy self sufficient SMART CAMPUS||Prof. P. P. Tapkire|
|3||Skill development Programs (Rural & Urban)||Prof. S. S. Shirgan|
|4||Institutional-Industrial Interactions||Prof. A. K. Shaikh|
|5||Linkages at National/International Institutions||Prof. A. M. Kalje|
|6||Incubation Center Development||Prof. I. I. Kazi|
|7||P.G. & Ph.D. Programs||Prof. J. G. Kulkarni|
|8||Seminars/Workshops/Conferences-||Dr. I. M. Chandarki|
|9||Students Awareness & Motivation Programs||Prof. V. S. Biradar|
|10||Projects, Proposals, Schemes||Prof. A. A. Phatak|
|11||Kishor Vaidnyanik , DST||Prof. B.G. Holey
|12||Book, Patents & Publication||Prof. S. S. Kulkarni|